Shelter Assistant/Crisis Line:
- Answer the DV & SA crisis lines (training provided)
- Assist residents as needed in shelter with daily living skills
- Other volunteer opportunities:
- Restocking kitchen cupboards
- Processing donations
- These volunteer opportunities available during daytime and evening hours, 7 days per week.
- Greet visitors (during daytime hours)
- Assist with clerical duties such as:
- Data entry
- Making copies
- Preparing mailings
- Familiarity with Word and Excel a plus.
- Lend a hand at special events.
- Purchase groceries and other items (with gift cards provided by the In-Courage) on weekly basis.
- May also run other errands as needed.
- Assist in the transportation of clients to appointments in the community and other various destinations.
- Can use agency van or your insured vehicle.
Sexual Assault On-Call Advocacy:
- Share in the on-call schedule to provide crisis intervention/support for victims, their family members and friends.
- Provide support to survivors of sexual assault during a hospital medical exam and throughout the criminal justice process.
- This opportunity is available primarily nights and weekends.
Support Group Assistant:
- Help prepare for and co-facilitate support groups with trained staff.
- Supervise children so moms can attend support groups, meet with staff, work on goals, or just have a little time alone.
- Provide a non-violent, supportive atmosphere, Offer one-on-one assistance with homework and/or recreational activities.
- Help with regular maintenance or yard work.
- Summer lawn mowing is always needed.
- Tell your personal experiences with domestic violence or sexual assault to various groups or individuals.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and filing of restraining orders.
- Attend injunction hearings with petitioner.